Creating video content
Creating video content to share with others can be a great way to promote the clan for others to see how 39th Battalion operate within our Sunday operation sessions. This document will provide the reader with a standardized process to produce high quality video content.
Everyone both for the clan and public.
The reader will need to have video editing software and understand the basic use.
For this document the author has Movie Studio 15.0 Platinum which will be referenced.
- Movie Studio 15.0 Platinum – video editing software supports up to 4k resolution editing.
- Handbrake - is a free and open-source transcoder for digital video files.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay - is a hardware-accelerated screen recording utility for Windows PCs using GeForce GPUs.
- GIMP - is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems.
- Audacity - is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems.
- Setup NVIDIA Shadowplay to capture.
- Record Footage.
- Run Footage in Handbrake transcoder to convert the footage from a variable frame rate to fixed framerate of 30fps. to avoid audio sync issues and improve editing performace in video editing software.
- Import footage into Video editing software.
- Setup Project details to define frame rate and resolution.
- extract recorded microphone track as separate audio file.
- import microphone track into Audacity and reduce background noise.
- import modified audio track into project.
- import intro sequence.
- splice video footage.
- preview spliced video footage.
- render video footage.
- create video thumbnail in GIMP.
- publish to youtube.
Explain here any terms that may not be understood by the reader.